Mission Statement & Vision
IAUA which is very well known as Indian American Urological Association is an affiliate organization of AUA (American Urological Association) that allows interaction of Indian urologists. IAUA provides education and surgical training through fellowship. IAUA's goal is to represent all 600 Indian urologists practicing in the United States and to enhance and provide urological care through educational and charitable work not only in India but also in Southeast Asia and over the world.
The IAUA Mission Statement and goals are to be the premier professional association in the United States of America for
- Representing the interests of practicing urologists and affiliated scientists of Indian origin in the United States
- Forming an active liaison between the American Urological Association (AUA) and the Urological Society of India (USI) to promote reciprocity in education and training.
- Fostering collegiality with urologists of Indian Origin in other countries of the world
- Promoting training for young urologists from India by awarding scholarships
- Recognizing with awards, works of excellence in academics and voluntary services done by urologists of Indian origin in the United states
- Promoting CME activities under the patronage of the American Urological Association
- Encouraging participation of Young Urologists and residents of Indian Origin
- Encouraging professional and social interaction within the practicing urologists and affiliated scientists of Indian origin in the United States during annual meetings and sectional meetings
- Be the voice for the practicing urologists and affiliated scientists of Indian origin in the United States in policy making decisions by the AUA and AMA.