Mission Statement & Vision
The Indian American Urological Association is an affiliate organization of the American Urological Association (AUA) that allows interaction of Indian urologists. IAUA provides education and surgical training through fellowship. IAUA's goal is to represent all 600 Indian urologists practicing in the United States and to enhance and provide urological care through educational and charitable work not only in India but also in Southeast Asia and over the world.
The IAUA mission and goals are to be a premier professional association in the United States of America by:
- Representing the interests of practicing urologists and affiliated scientists of Indian origin in the United States.
- Forming an active liaison between the AUA and the Urological Society of India (USI) to promote reciprocity in education and training.
- Fostering collegiality with urologists of Indian origin in other countries of the world.
- Promoting training for young urologists from India by awarding scholarships.
- Recognizing with awards, works of excellence in academics and voluntary services done by urologists of Indian origin in the United States.
- Promoting CME activities under the patronage of the AUA.
- Encouraging participation of Young Urologists and residents of Indian origin.
- Encouraging professional and social interaction within the practicing urologists and affiliated scientists of Indian origin in the United States during annual meetings and sectional meetings
- Being the voice for the practicing urologists and affiliated scientists of Indian origin in the United States in policy making decisions by the AUA and American Medical Association (AMA).