AUA/IAUA Chakrobortty Fellowship Program in Partnership with Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
This program is designed for two Indian urologists to visit a North American host institution(s) for up to a six-week period and spend an additional week at the AUA Annual Meeting. During these visits, the scholars will have the unique opportunity to observe urologic operations and procedures (no hands-on), and attend clinics and staff activities. Visiting scholars will be provided a stipend to support their stay in the United States. One scholar should be a Pediatric urologist or have a strong interest in Pediatric urology, and will visit Cincinnati Children's. The other selected scholar may be in any urology sub-specialty area, and their host institution will be determined at a later date.
Applications are no longer being accepted for the 2018 program.
- be a urologist in India and a member of the local or national urological organization in India
- be 42 years of age or younger (at time of application)
- have an MD or MBBS degree and rank as instructor or higher
- be a certified practicing urologist (within first 10 years of practice)
- demonstrate a competent command of the English language
- be able to proactively assist in obtaining a visa (as needed) and communicate consistently via email with the AUA staff
- Be able to travel for up to 6 weeks
Dr. Vasudeva, center, during his Fellowship in 2016.